What should I do when my Mobile home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your property – and your family – against the many risks you could encounter, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home might be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Mobile home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm can be startling, bewildering, and could incite panic. Your best bet is to stay calm and adhere to these straightforward guidelines.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Mobile Sounds
It’s a scenario nobody wishes to be in, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused from a deep sleep with the telltale blasting of an alarm after a home security component has been tripped. Now what is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is racing. But staying calm is the most effective way to assess what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency alone and let your monitoring experts and first responders perform their job.
- Attend to your loved ones. Your main focus should be your family and leading them to safety. In the event of a break-in, this might involve moving to an appointed safe zone as far away from points of entry as possible. It’s likely that your alarm immediately scared off the intruder, but it’s always smarter to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to leave your home immediately.
- Grab your cell phone. Nowadays, most individuals have their phones with them always, but you may fail to grab it during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch with your monitoring professionals and obtain alerts through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in Mobile goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will act immediately. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that includes communicating with you. The guideline they follow depends on the kind of emergency. For example, when a medical emergency is initiated, a single attempt will be made to reach you before assistance is deployed. If you have an intrusion - the most frequent kind of alarm - a monitoring professional will follow these steps to contact you:
- An effort will be made to contact you using the central command panel. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that is not successful, a call is made to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is tried next.
- If there is still no answer, area law enforcement officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again after the proper authorities are contacted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Help will still be dispatched even if you're not available to confirm the emergency.
Get protection for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Mobile
Stay ready for any crisis with a modern home alarm system in Mobile from Vivint. Call (251) 336-3077 to start customizing your property’s defense today.