Helpful safety tips for new homeowners in Mobile
If you purchased your first home or you’re about to, congratulations! It’s an exciting time for you and your family. You’re probably thinking about how you should personalize your property with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you get too caught up in home improvements, make certain you consider home security as well. Keeping your loved ones protected should always be a leading priority, and we’ll show you the way with these safety tips for new homeowners in Mobile.
Complete a safety check of your new Mobile property
Now that you’re considering safety, see what your new home has in terms of protection. To begin, make sure you have functioning fire alarms. Test every one and replace batteries if required. Are CO detectors in the house? Did you find a water sensor in the cellar? This is also an excellent time to replace door locks and investigate all locks on windows. Go through each room and get to know your new house.
Smart security tips for your Mobile home
Once you’ve done your preliminary investigation of locks and safety alarms, you should consider enhancing your property’s defense. Get started with these security tips for your home in Mobile.
- Opt for a full-featured home security system. One of the top tools for new homeowners in Mobile is a home security system. Modern wireless technology allows you to keep an eye on your residence even when you’re not there. You may review real-time video feeds, control entry locks, and even talk to people on your front porch straight from your smartphone. You can customize with incredible security implements such as video surveillance and monitored safety alarms.
- Update outdoor lighting. Exterior lights with motion detectors are a great strategy in dissuading prospective invaders. You might even incorporate them with outdoor cameras. When a motion detector is tripped, it can signal your outdoor camera to begin recording.
- Maintain your yard. Do you have an unobstructed view of your property from the interior? Are there overgrown bushes and trees impeeding your view? Remove likely hiding spots for prowlers by keeping your yard well maintained. Your neighbors will appreciate it too.
- Meet folks on your street. Talking about your neighbors, get to know them. If you know people close to you, they’ll be more likely to inform you if they see suspicious activity. You can also join your community’s social media page if one is established.
- Utilize home automation. If you opt for an advanced smart home, you can make it look like you’re on site by activating smart lighting at predetermined times. This is a fantastic tool when you’re at work or on vacation.