Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Mobile smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home security system as it connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total control of your Mobile home’s automation and security. See what it can do and find tips to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Mobile do for you?
Wirelessly linking to components via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you can even speak to visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery for added reliability. It also offers total remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the functions you can execute:
- Check real-time or saved video streams from all integrated security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Mobile by setting schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in your house and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The main screen will show a message if something is preventing the system from arming. For example, an open window or door will cue you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm the security system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Mobile
Even though multiple users can be set up when your system is installed, you will probably want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote functionality, select email or phone and submit the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, simply proceed to the menu, press users, pick the user you want to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Mobile smart home. Contact (251) 336-3077 to get started.