Are wireless smart homes in Mobile a good idea?
In the not-so-distant past, home security systems were limited to wired components linked through a lengthy installation. Those days are gone. Wireless technology has transformed the industry and opened up a wealth of possibilities for families.
Are you trying to figure out if a wireless smart home in Mobile is right for you? Find out what you ought to know about wireless installations.
What you ought to know before deciding to go wireless
The core of any wireless setup is a sound internet connection. Dependable, high-speed internet and a high-quality wireless router are the principal components you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in quite some time, think about doing it now to capitalize on the newest performance enhancements.
If you dwell in a location without trustworthy fast internet or cellular coverage, you could be better off with a hard-wired connection. Or, if you relocate to a residence that is already wired for security, it may make sense monetarily to continue with that arrangement.
Network and power outages can occur regardless of where you are located. To address this concern, find security options with battery and cellular backups to keep you connected.
What are the advantages of a wireless smart home in Mobile?
The main goal of any home security system is to protect your loved ones from risks like burglary and fire. You can do this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you want to utilize the newest innovations, a wireless smart home is your top option. When you install a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you enjoy being able to secure your entrances or scan real-time video from your phone? A wireless smart home offers a level of control and access you’ve never experienced. You can remotely check or adjust any incorporated components, like your smart thermostat or lighting.
● Instant updates: Not only can you access your system, but it may also reach you. If a device is triggered, a notification will be sent instantly to your smartphone app. You’ll always know when there’s a security event, regardless of whether you’re home or away.
● Flexibility and scalability: Different from wired devices, you can install wireless ones just about anyplace. Interested in having a video camera on your desk or in your kid’s bedroom? You got it! It’s also simple to remove or add devices from your wireless smart home.
Possible disadvantages of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in Mobile have proven dependable and beneficial, there are a couple of potential shortcomings. You might give thought to the following:
● You may have to replace batteries. If you use battery-powered devices, there’s always the potential for failure when the battery dies. Even so, smart devices will alert you when the battery is low and tend to last for years without needing a fresh battery.
● Device placement. There could be a limit on how far you can place wireless devices away from the primary command hub. This isn’t likely to be an issue in most homes, but you need to inquire about the restrictions before installing.
● Risk of online hacking. In a similar fashion as any other computer network, the potential of hacking is there. But you can greatly lower this risk by implementing strong passwords, always changing default settings, and using routers with built-in security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in Mobile today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can offer by designing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll enjoy having access to your Mobile security system from any location. Contact (251) 336-3077 to begin.